|Picture by http://www.flickr.com/photos/aslanmedia_official/|
There are so many social media and networking sites, and for many people it can be confusing to know what they are all for - and how people are using them. This posting is an attempt to simplify that for everyone. Hopefully, the slightly amusing way I have explained them will helps you to understand how and what people are using them for.
I cannot claim entirely that this approach of explaining what social media sites is all my own inspiration, as had seen something like this floating about online and from what I remember (and adding some of my own spin), here is a simple way to illustrate what each of the social media sites floating about are used for.....
- Twitter: I am drinking a cup of #coffee
- Facebook: I like drinking coffee
- Foursquare: This is where I am drinking coffee right now
- YouTube: Here is a video of me drinking coffee
- LinkedIn: My skills include drinking coffee
- Flickr: My photos of people drinking coffee
- Last FM: I am listening to "One more cup of coffee" by Bob Dylan
- Pinterest: Here are the brands of coffee I like
- Slideshare: Here is a presentation about drinking coffee
- Badoo: Looking to meet a partner of the opposite sex who likes drinking coffee
- Gaydar: Looking to meet a gay man who likes drinking coffee
- MeetUp: Join our meeting of coffee drinkers on Thursday
- WAYN: Places around the world I have drunk coffee
Hope this helps! Have any more suggestions? Leave a comment below or email me
Here is a presentation format of this that I posted on Slideshare that you should check out...click the arrows to forward the slides...
Don't miss future postings of Marketing Unleashed, get them when posted by email : click here to sign up. Follow me on twitter @garybembridge